SUMMARY OF OUR COVENANT RESPONSIBILITIES TO GOD AND EACH OTHER (THE LAWS WRITTEN IN OUR HEARTS)
- We agree to worship only the one true and living God, Father, Son and Holy Spirit, who has revealed Himself to us in the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments. We will declare His glory to the nations. We will have no other gods before Him.
- We agree to worship God in His appointed way and to exclude from our worship anything that He has not appointed.
- We agree not to use the name of our God emptily or to take it upon ourselves carelessly, but to walk in the paths of righteousness for His name's sake.
- We agree to cease from our own works on the Lord's Day, if they are not works of piety, or necessity, and to positively sanctify the day by special exercises of public and private worship.
- We agree to honor and obey, within the bounds of Scripture, all our superiors, whether in family, church, state, or business; and, if we be superiors, to deal reasonably and lovingly with our subordinates and thus to teach them by word and example to fear God and keep His commandments.
- We agree to avoid whatever tends to destroy us or our neighbors and to engage vigorously in all lawful endeavors to preserve our own lives and the lives of others, especially by ready reconciliation and faithful exhortation in the church.
- We agree to possess our bodies in holiness as vessels joined to Christ and indwelt by the Holy Spirit and to avoid all uncleanness of thought, speech, or action.
- We agree to be diligent in our vocations, that we may provide for our own households, avoid theft of time, money, or goods, and that we may have to give to him who has need.
- We agree to earnestly promote truth among men and to avoid anything that would prejudice the truth or injure our neighbor's good name.
- We agree to be fully content with our own condition in life, to rejoice in the advancement of our neighbor, and to avoid envying him or coveting anything that is his.